Chocolate Moulds

Have you ever tried making your own chocolates? I tried a while ago with some moulds from my mums coffee shop gift shop. At the time they were top of the range, plastic affairs and to be honest they made a decent chocolate, if you could get the silly things out! Although, that did make for a lot of wastage and somebody has to eat it!!!
Well, one of the Christmas presents I bought for my self last year was one of the moulds pictured. In fact the one at the top, and I am definately going to be adding the others to my collection!
They are silicone moulds which means they are all bendy so each little 'insert' can be turned completely inside out! This means the chocolates can be popped out cleanly and easily and there is no broken chocolate.
I rustled out a batch last weekend as a present for my mum as we were visiting. (Well, I had made dog biscuits for the dog, it seemed only fair.) It is a great way to use up all that left over chocolate and nuts. I used both dark and white chocolate and layered it. White chocolate filled to half way, pop in a hazelnut, dark chocolate to finish, pop them in the fridge to set then he presto! they are ready.
I will be experimenting with different fillings and additions to the chocolate over the coming weeks so watch this space.
I do recommend these moulds but I would say, for the frugal kitchen equipment buyer destined to only buy one for emergencies, go for a generic shape, like the square, as this will cover a range of events. Hearts are nice but a bit limited to their usage.
Hey! I'd love to know if people are using my recipes!! If you are leave a wee comment on the recipes post! Also, why not head back and let me know how you got on!!?

No comments: