Weekend Tip - Cooking Rice

Wanting perfect rice everytime!!

If you are like me you probably end up with either loads of water left in your saucepan, even after the rice is cooked. Or not enough water and one minute it is fine and then the next minute it's all burnt and stuck to the bottom of the pan?

Sound familiar?

Well, here's a great wee trick that will give you perfect rice every time!!

Use twice as much water as rice. I find this easiest by weighing out the rice I require then putting it into a cup or glass, make a mental note of how full the glass is. Put the rice in the pan, fill the glass with water to the line you remember, put in the pan. Do it again. Put the lid on the saucepan and cooked as you would! Light fluffy rice and no watery left-over!!!

Hey! I'd love to know if people are using my recipes!! If you are leave a wee comment on the recipes post! Also, why not head back and let me know how you got on!!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rarely get rice "just right". I 'm gonna try your tips,thanks.

mantiz said...

yup thats a nice tip. in our country we consume enormous quantities of rice, sometimes four times a day.. :)

Anonymous said...

interesting! i never knew i'd learn how to cook rice in a blog. considering i've been eating it here in the Philippines since i can remember.

blogging is indeed a rewarding and learning experience!