Cherry Cake


Ingredients

175g glace cherries
225g self raising flour
175g soft margarine
175g caster sugar
juice of half a lemon
50g ground, or chopped, almonds
3 large eggs
Want to give it a go? Try the Download version, easier than writing it out!!
Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 180oC and grease and line 7 inch cake tin, round or square.
  2. Cut each cherry into quarters, put in a sieve and rinse under running water. Drain well and dry very thouroughly on kitchen roll.
  3. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Add in the eggs a combine.
  5. Mix in the flour, almonds and lemon juice.
  6. Once mixture is well combined fold in the cherries.
  7. Turn into the prepared cake tin and cook for around 1 1/4 hours, or until a skewer comes out clean.
  8. Turn onto cooling tray for 10 mins before turning out.
  9. Store in an air tight container.
I made this at the request of David, he likes his Cherry Cake so my idea of Banana Loaf didn't go down too well! But this cake is amazing! As you can see, my cherries sank, I have yet to master how to stop that happening, but the cake tastes great and it is SO moist. You can hear that soft moist sound when you break a piece off!! Amazing!!
Hey! I'd love to know if people are using my recipes!! If you are leave a wee comment on the recipes post! Also, why not head back and let me know how you got on!!?