Pear and Blackberry Crumble




Ingredients
Four pears, medium - large
120g blackberries
handful of sultanas
1/3 cup sugar
Flour
Butter
Brown Sugar
Want to give it a go? Download the .pdf version, easier than writing it out!!

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 200oc.
  2. Peel the pears and cut them into chunks. Place in an oven proof dish with the sultanas, blackberries and sugar. You may wish to add a little water if your pears are not that juicy.
  3. Cover and put into the oven for 30minutes (longer if you want softer fruit).
  4. Make the crumble topping with plain flour, brown sugar and butter. Place all the ingredients together in a bowl and rub with your fingers to create fine breadcrumbs. Make enough to cover the top of your fruit 1-2 cm deep.
  5. Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of the fruit, return to the oven, uncovered for a further 15 minutes. You may wish to use the grill to really make the crumble mixture golden.
  6. Serve warm with cream.
I am sorry that the ingredient amounts are a bit vague for this one, but I made it up as I was going along. We have a pear tree and some bramble bushes in our back garden and I have kept meaning to try this but never got round to it!! I was very pleased with the result and I hope you all have a go yourselves...
Remember - if you are using very fresh fruit, particularly blackberries, make sure you wash them well first... beasties love 'em!
Hey! I'd love to know if people are using my recipes!! If you are leave a wee comment on the recipes post! Also, why not head back and let me know how you got on!!?

No comments: