Honey Barbeque Sauce

After all the excitment of cooking those Barbeque Skewers I decided to have a little bit of creative time when it came to cook those old, cheap chicken legs from the freezer. These things were left over from a barbeque a few weeks ago. The usual, buy one get one free pack, one gets eaten, one goes in the freezer and forgotten about!!! So I decided to release the chicken! I wanted to do a roast on Sunday but hadn't the time to cook a whole chicken, so I defrosted those legs and roasted them!! But I created my own spicy honey glaze for them, read on...
Ingredients
(for 7 chicken legs)
3tblsps clear honey
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
salt
black pepper
couple of drops of tabasco sauce
I roasted the chicken legs as normal, with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper.
To make the glaze I just mixed all the ingredients above together.
Then 20 minutes before the end of their cooking time I poured on my glaze, making sure I covered all of the legs.
Back into the oven. Don't worry if it looks like the glaze has all run off the chicken, the honey will boil in the oven, bubbling over the chicken legs and caramalize on them as it does so. Turn the legs once after about ten minutes.
Don't worry about burning, or charring of the skin, makes them taste better!!
I am afraid that I don't have a picture this time, but I will try to get one as I want to try these on the barbeque at the Fireworks party!! Along with making that Baked Toffee Apple Tart. If anyone tries this let me know how it goes. I may try altering the spices to make it a bit spicier next time, this could turn into a challenge.
Honey Glaze Challenge, take the base above and add to it to make your own creation! Come back here and share it with everyone!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds Delicious

Nismet said...

Nice post, I cook awful, but this looks delicious